Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Introducing.....Cathy

Hi y'all!  My name is Cathy and  I blog over at A Quilting Chick. I met Deana last year when she started her Quilter's Garden swap and have become addicted to her patterns.  I can't wait to get started on this one.

Let's see....I'm a single mom of three fantastic kids, the boys being 24 and 22 and my lovely daughter who is 18!  It just doesn't seem possible!  I'm from San Antonio, Texas.  I learned to sew in middle school when my mom forced me to take home ec.  My mom does not sew but she loves to buy fabric so it works for me.  She buys, I sew!  I'm a self-taught quilter and have been at it for about 15 years now.

What else?  I lean more toward traditional quilting with a modern twist.  I love scrap quilts but they need to be color-coordinated.  I help test mystery quilts for Persimmon Quilts who hosts them to benefit the Quilts of Valor Program.  You can see a bit more about my quilts and style on my post for the Around the World Blog Hop here.

A few things I'm working on right now...

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015

http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/p/rsc12.html

My leader/ender project, Patches and Pinwheels...

 

The Snapshots QAL from the Fat Quarter Shop...

 http://fatquartershop.blogspot.com/p/snapshots-quilt-along.html

And I'm about ready to start work on my Not So Last Minute Christmas Quilt Along...

 http://aquiltingchick.blogspot.com/2015/01/not-so-last-minute-christmas-quilt-along.html

And there is so much more!  So I can't wait to meet y'all and if you want to know anything else about me and my style, feel free to swing by my blog!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Did you have to show me that cute nutcracker? Very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pinwheel whimsy is so pretty! Just love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deana, I collect nutcrackers. That made this quilt along an absolute must. And it IS only one block a month. You should join me! :)

    Thank you Dee! I love that it's all scraps!

    ReplyDelete