Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Introductions from Tracy

     Hello, my name is Tracy.  I received the invite by Deana personally to make this quilt.  I had been thinking of a new quilt design I could start.   I wanted one to be a lot of work and a challenge.  I agreed to make this quilt before I even seen it knowing the talent Deana has in quilting and design.  I was encouraged to look at it first and then to let her know.  I am stunned at this detailed design and can't wait to see it come together month by month. My biggest challenge will be choosing the fabric so this quilt can turn into a masterpiece.
     I have been quilting for about 8 years with the exception of when I was a little girl with my mothers help.  My mom taught me the basics of sewing, but Deana taught me the art of quilting.  I live several hundred miles from Deana so our teaching/learning sessions have mostly been been by phone and email.  She has a true gift of explaining in ways that even a beginner can understand, but her quilting knowledge is vast.
     I have 4 sons and a sweet husband who tolerate my quilting habits.  They are complimentary and kind.  They also give me personal time to enjoy my quilting hobby. I look forward to working on this project with each of you. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so kind. Thanks for the compliments, but mostly, thanks for being a wonderful sister and example!

    ReplyDelete